-
Using Knoppix to install Windows on PXE enabled laptop
Hi,
First post. This question could go in at least 3 different forums, so I chose "General".
Background - I just picked up a Fujitsu Lifebook B2562 with no OS installed. I have the original Win 2000 restore CD, but can't boot from the CD (requires specific Fujitsu CD drive with non-standard connector). My only boot options are floppy, HD or PXE (PreBoot eXecution Environment for the benefit of those like myself). My searching in Knoppix Hacks and online show lots of info on running Knoppix via PXE, but there are no Linux drivers for the touchscreen, so I need to go with Win XP or 2000. I use Mepis and Mandriva on other boxes and if there was a linux solution, I would certainly go for it.
I don't have a Windows server - nothing better than XP Home, so I am hoping that there is some combo of Knoppix terminal server and/or Samba, DHCP, TFTP. I have only a vague understanding of networking in general and less about PXE. I have Knoppix 5.1 DVD plus an external CD drive in which to put the restore CD
So, if someone can tell me whether this is even possible or point me to a Howto or suggest other means of accomplishing this, I'd appreciate it.
TIA
Ian in Nova Scotia
Similar Threads
-
By stray_heart in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-13-2009, 04:32 PM
-
By Toonforce in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2009, 11:13 AM
-
By JoeBWan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By windos_no_thanks in forum Laptops
Replies: 14
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 08:30 PM
-
By juffi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$155.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00