Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have written a simple script that allows me to boot computers with the knoppix CD and copy sets of files to an external hard drive. I would like to automate the proccess further, however, the hard disk is recognised differently depending on which computer it is attached to (e.g. sda1, sdb2 or sdc3). I cannot use the persistant directory because the collection of files come to more that 4Gig in size. Is there a simple way I can set the identity of the drive to say sdd1? or automatically detect what identity the drive has been given by knoppix?
Please help it driving me crazy.

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00