Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Iceweasel shuts down

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2

    Iceweasel shuts down

    Iceweasel shuts down for no particular reason. I'm just doing normal web surfing with a few tabs so it's really nothing out of the ordinary.

    Does iceweasel have any limitations on the sites or contents it can access? I really need to solve this problem to be convinced of using Knoppix. Any help greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    8

    Reply for Iceweasel Shutting Down Automatically

    How much RAM do you have? I think it has to do with how much RAM you need to keep it up and running. I have the same problem
    as well when I was viewing a flash video and downloading it, then it will shut down. The DVD or CD does not have no way to keep the settings in the PC so when you use heavy applications such as that it will shut down if it does not get enough RAM to operate it.

    I might one day start creating a partition for Debian as soon as possible. I also believe to get everything I would need to create a iso thats
    big as DL DVD so I can load as many programs on it then save it as an iso. In the future we will be using this in a form of Blu Ray format disc
    since blue ray has a capacity of 50 GB.


    Adam E.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Interesting. I had the same problem pop up with firefox. For no reason when I would try to visit certain web pages the program would just terminate. I solved the problem by going to the mozilla web browser.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    104
    If you are running out of memory, you can create a DOS swapfile for linux on an existing DOS or FAT32 hard drive partition

    Or you can create a linux swap partition on the hard drive.

Similar Threads

  1. Notebook shuts down during boot
    By Vronsky in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 02:42 PM
  2. Knoppix Shuts Down but PC Stays On
    By jMon54 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 02:13 AM
  3. Monitor shuts down? Trying Knoppix
    By biscuits91 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 11:00 PM
  4. Monitor Shuts Down When Opening X
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 03:04 AM
  5. knoppix 3.2 boots immediately shuts down
    By omagere in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854 picture

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854

$225.00



Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs picture

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs

$49.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99