-
ps/2 mouse on laptop
Hi everyone. Linux newbie here.
I'm running KNOPPIX 3.8.2 live cd on my Presario laptop as a solution since the hard disk died.
Excellent solution, but...
My problem is that I can't use a ps2 mouse on it (wheel or no-wheel).
It forces the touchpad. I tried all the cheatcodes but no result.
It also happens with OpenSUSE's latest Live cd (with KDE).
No problem with SLAX 6 (both work fine touchpad and ps2).
Could it be KDE?
Any solution? I really need to use the ps2 mouse rather than the touchpad.
Thanks in advance for any help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It could be KDE...or not. I would try a newer version of Knoppix than 3.8.2 and see if that resolves the issue. You may also be able to disable the touchpad in the bios if they have that option available. In any event, 3.8.2 is rather dated and I'm sure many issues have been corrected since then. There used to be a cheatcode for some systems with a bios issue: "pci=irqmask=0x0e98". Look at the cheatcodes and see if one resolves your issue. http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
-
Solved :)
Thanks ckamin.
I had tried the pci=irqmask=0x0e98 and other cheatcodes without solving.
Thanks to a post in this forum (unfortunately I can't remember who posted) about mouse issues on laptops I tried
"psmouse.proto=imps" at the boot prompt and it worked perfectly.
I'll download the latest version and use it though. Thanks.
-
Thanks brakerm19
It was brakerm19's helpful suggestion for "psmouse.proto=imps" command in the No mouse on Koppix 511 with Virtual PC 2007 post. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26939
-
Senior Member
registered user
cardinal
I originally had thought that the solution you mentioned was mainly for a VM environment. I'll put this one on the list and look at it a bit closer at some point.
I'm glad to see that your issue was resolved!
Thanks for posting your solution.
Similar Threads
-
By xdentan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 03:32 AM
-
By ovunque in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:01 PM
-
By deevs in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 03:18 PM
-
By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99