-
Remastering problems in KDE Desktop
Hi! I'm new here, and yes... this is my first experience with Remastering a Knoppix livecd.
I'm following the Remastering HowTo in the wiki... but always have the same problem.
I make without problems the following steps when try to configure the desktop
Code:
cp -Rp /etc/skel /home/knoppix
and
Code:
chown knoppix:knoppix -R /home/knoppix
But when I make the "su knoppix", and then the "startx" always have the same error message: "The following installation problem was detected while trying to start KDE: writing to temp directory (/tmp) failed with the error 'Permision Denied'. KDE is unable to start".
I tried to start the Xs with the chroot without logging "knoppix" user, but it also was imposible. I give permision to /tmp for knoppix user, but without results.
¿Have any idea?
Thanks a lot!!
Similar Threads
-
By Sendotux in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2006, 06:35 PM
-
By yoshu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 11:06 AM
-
By suzan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 05:10 PM
-
By raj1478 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 09:26 AM
-
By Georgy#28 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$75.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00