Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: NEED HELP: I'm not able to customize my kernel

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1

    NEED HELP: I'm not able to customize my kernel

    Hello!!
    I'm using an AMD Geode CS5536 chip based embedded board, with a CF card reader which configures my card as an IDE ATA disk. Everything works fine for me except that I can't get the new kernel working. I compile the kernel, but I get no error, just blank screen. With default KNOPPIX 5.1.1 kernel (v2.6.24) I can work without trouble, except that I need to add some kind of graphic bootsplash, which is quite difficult when starting from CFlash. I'm using latest stable kernel, 2.6.24, with latest cloop and aufs modules compiled and copied in. My question is: has someone been able to configure the kernel for a board like this?? How can it get done, some trick or advice??? Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    20
    you need to use the dvd version which has the full kernel source and the kernel headers.

    you may also find module-assistant useful/

    do apt-get install module-assistant to install it, m-a can bring the program up at the terminal.

Similar Threads

  1. Can I customize my CD ?
    By xoroz in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 01:08 AM
  2. Customize GUI Login
    By mgsimon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2003, 02:29 AM
  3. customize installation
    By newkno in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 07:59 PM
  4. How do you customize the KDE menu?
    By lgriske in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 04:44 AM
  5. Can I get knoppix Kernel source and customize? rebuild
    By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New picture

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New

$99.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 + picture

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +

$74.95



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$22.99



Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED picture

Vintage APPLE POWER MACINTOSH 8500/180 M3409 w/ Original Box & Reciept UNTESTED

$199.00



Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord picture

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord

$44.99



Vintage IBM Iconic Apple Rainbow Logo Black Nylon Padded Briefcase Bag picture

Vintage IBM Iconic Apple Rainbow Logo Black Nylon Padded Briefcase Bag

$75.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984 picture

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984

$179.99