Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Could Not Write to...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3

    Could Not Write to...

    Hi Everybody
    I use Knoppix on a daily basis and seemed to have encountered an issue that has me scratching my head. While I was recovering data from a failed hard drive, I was able to write to a USB flash drive. I'm not sure what happened because I was juggling several issues at the time, but then I couldn't write to the USB with the "could not write to..." message.
    I tried 4 other USB drives and nothing. I tried another laptop and same thing. Tried Knoppix 5.0 and 3.8, but same thing.
    As far as I can remember, I unmounted the USB drive before pulling out.
    I was able to transfer the data over the network, but I cannot write to any of these 5 USB drives thru Knoppix. Windows is no problem with the same drives.

    Thanks
    Jim

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1
    I have a simular issue. I am trying to recover files from an HDD with NTFS. I am trying to copy data to an external HDD and USB flash drive (both formatted in fat32). I get an error /could not write to /media/ etc…..
    I am a first time KNOPPIX user.
    Help would be appreciated. (Open to be referred to any tutorials available on the web)
    KNOPPIX vers 5.1

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3
    Hi Stallion
    I never could get it to work, but have not tried re-formatting the USB drive yet. If you have a network, start the Samba service within Knoppix under Services and then go to Samba Neighborhood in Utilities to browse to a computer.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3
    Sorry for the double post.
    I re-formatted the USB drive, but still no good.
    I've used Knoppix in data recovery plenty of times using USB's and never had a problem. ...strange.

Similar Threads

  1. Write to a USB
    By drone in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 08:35 PM
  2. cannot write on ext hdd
    By mcrae in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 12:54 PM
  3. Cannot write to HDs
    By tac in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:44 AM
  4. cant write to hdd
    By boo ya in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
  5. Cannot write to hd HELP!
    By Juggalo_X in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears picture

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears

$99.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99