As I hit post I realized what I needed to do. Sorry guys, was over anxious about restoring these files. Wanted to make sure I followed every step correctly!![]()
All,
I am using the Knoppix Hacks (O'Reilly) and need some clarity with one of the steps to rescue files from damaged hard drive. Under the following link:
http://codeidol.com/unix/knoppix/Rep...d-Hard-Drives/
There is a step that states:
Replace /dev/hda1 with the partition that you are recovering, and /mnt/hdb1 with the mount point where you are saving the image. As dd_rhelp scans the drive, it prints out all of its progress, including any errors it finds. When it finishes, you should have two files in your recovery drive: the image and a log from dd_rescue, in case you want to audit its progress.
The above does not make sense to me. After dd_rhelp is run, the image file and audit file are already created.
"Replace /dev/hda1 with the partition that you are recovering....."
Am I running dd_rhelp twice? Please advice. Thanks in advance.
As I hit post I realized what I needed to do. Sorry guys, was over anxious about restoring these files. Wanted to make sure I followed every step correctly!![]()

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99