-
Installing video drivers
I have Knoppix running on my old Toshiba Portege 7020CT, from the DVD drive in the docking station. In order to play any videos, I am trying to install the correct video drivers, which I believe I have located, but when I go to install them, I get the following:
<esktop/xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386.rpm';echo RESULT=$?
warning: ///media/hda2/home/knoppix/Desktop/xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 99807190
error: Failed dependencies:
libddc.a(XFree86) is needed by xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386
libfb.a(XFree86) is needed by xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386
libi2c.a(XFree86) is needed by xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386
libramdac.a(XFree86) is needed by xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386
libshadow.a(XFree86) is needed by xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386
libvbe.a(XFree86) is needed by xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386
libvgahw.a(XFree86) is needed by xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386
libxaa.a(XFree86) is needed by xfree86-driver-neomagic-4.4.0-63152U10_5cl.i386
RESULT=1
Now, from this I do understand that there are some dependencies not being satisfied, but what I don't know (and would like to) is how to install these needed files. Any thoughts? Apologies if this has been posted before. I DID look, but didn't find it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By thoste in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
-
By regnu_me1010 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2006, 10:17 AM
-
By great_lengths in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-16-2005, 12:50 PM
-
By nmz787 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 08:37 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00