Hi,
i've remastered a Knoppix 5.1.1. Everything works well. The only thing i would like to implement is a script which asks the user at startup for an IP and subnet mask for the ethernet interface. Does anybody has an idea how i could implement my idea? The problem is that my ethernet interface is not always eth0. Sometimes it is eth0, sometimes it is eth2. Can i define a static interface to my ethernet card?
I've read often about knoppix.sh which is the last startup script. But i can't find it in my root-environment. Is this normal? I'd like to copy a configuration file to the /home-directory after startup. But i can't find knoppix.sh where i should insert my copy string....
Greetz

Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4
$59.45
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard
$79.00
15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT
$149.95
VINTAGE Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Manual CD-ROM SGML / Windows PC RARE
$49.95
15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT
$149.95
Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99
Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00
Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00