-
Mouse is driving me nuts: synaptic touchpad
First of all. Knoppix rocks. Impressed that you can do all of this with less than 1 GB of data.
Second, I am new to Linux. Windows oriented (Vista to be exact). Vista broke and I have to access my drive through Knoppix, which sits on a bootable USB Cruzer 1GB.
Here's my issue:
Mouse moves in Knoppix sometimes will open files. But I cannot click then drag scrollbars to move pages down like Windows. I keep opening files I dont want to. I cant get used to the "hover-open" that im sure some of you probably like.
Ultimately, Ide like to replicate windows mouse settings .. Double-click to open files or move scroll bars.
I'm using synaptics touch pad on a Dell laptop (inspiron 1505 if that matters)
Is there anywhere I can change mouse settings like in Windows Control panel?
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can try and run kpersonalizer from the start button(big K)->run->and type kpersonalizer
On my Knoppix 5.1.1, it is also in the Settings menu popout, as "Desktop Settings Wizard"
That should allow you to set kde up to be more like Windows (double click activates,,, single click sets focus etc.)
Similar Threads
-
By sakiZ in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
-
By aaronjb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-31-2006, 11:26 PM
-
By dklangst in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 08:04 PM
-
By Frederic in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 06:26 PM
-
By Seeker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 10:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Patton SmartNode 4114 VoIP Media Gateway
$120.00

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00