-
I cannot install software right from the download
I am having lots of trouble and problems installing Rpm's, .gz, and tar files with knoppix. I cannot do anything I want with this. I am going back to windows. I try to install limewire, I needed the java update. But cannot install java cause its too difficult I don't know how to use j package or even install j package . I try to install an astronomy program K package couldn't open file. When I reboot, this one cuts me to the bone I have to reinstall my flash player plug in using "Iceweasel" just to watch youtube videos. Konqueror does not have an easy way to install the flash player plugin.
and view flash embedded sites you have to use iceweasel.
The next version of Knoppix needs "Adobe flash player installed and the latest java update installed.
Question : How can this operating system be a good alternative to windows? Compared to knoppix vs windows. Windows is very easy to use
and is easy to install programs without the crazy code stuff.
When I was trying download fedora the Knoppix os crashed on me this morning.
Adam E.
Similar Threads
-
By galbotrix in forum Klik
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:59 AM
-
By eric.stone in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-19-2006, 08:48 AM
-
By paradigm_shift in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 12:33 PM
-
By s2smhfrom2005 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-17-2005, 03:19 PM
-
By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00