-
Senior Member
registered user
which automake
When I try to see which automake version knoppix has I get nothing
root@Knoppix:/usr/bin# which automake
root@Knoppix:/usr/bin#
root@Knoppix:/# dpkg --search automake
kde-i18n-es: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/es/kdevelop/automakemanager.png
vim-runtime: /usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/automake.vim
vim-runtime: /usr/share/vim/vim70/ftplugin/automake.vim
kde-i18n-es: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/es/kdevelop/automake-manager.png
kde-i18n-it: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/it/kdevelop/automake-file-popup.png
vim-runtime: /usr/share/vim/vim70/indent/automake.vim
kde-i18n-it: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/it/kdevelop/automake-subproject-popup.png
kde-i18n-es: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/es/kdevelop/automake-file-popup.png
kde-i18n-it: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/it/kdevelop/automakemanager.png
kde-i18n-es: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/es/kdevelop/automake-target-popup.png
kde-i18n-it: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/it/kdevelop/automake-target-popup.png
kde-i18n-es: /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/es/kdevelop/automake-subproject-popup.png
I use knoppix 5.1.1 and automake is definitely installed as part of knoppix becasue you can run "make" while installing software from source
How do you know where and what version of automake do you have?
I need to do automake as I did for autoconf
root@Knoppix:/# which autoconf
/usr/bin/autoconf
root@Knoppix:/# autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
Thanks
lbrtchx
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 06:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor
$249.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00