Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: KPPP Connection Mgr.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1

    KPPP Connection Mgr.

    Ok, I will start off by saying that a complete Moron is a little smarter than I am when it comes to Linux. I am quite capable with a PC though.

    I burnt the ISO, got Koppix running, and successfully managed to get an internet connection with my Sprint Mobile Broadband (Merlin S7200) EVDO card. My question is this...

    Is there someone who can guide me to write a startup script that will automate that process when I launch the CD? Every time I boot the machine I have to create a new connection, have KPPP recognize the card, yada yada yada. As far as Linux scripting goes though... again... I am a moron.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Robert

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204
    One possible solution is to:

    1. Save the configuration to your hard drive or thumb drive.

    2. Add all the setup steps onto the knoppix.sh

    3. Every time when startup the knoppix, use the cheat-code: knoppix myconfig=scan

    Provided that you know all your setup steps in command mode.

    Check out the FAQ 4 from below:

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ

    I use this method to setup my wireless connection on boot-up time. The idea is the same to you but you just replace all your setup commands into the knoppix.sh.

    Good Luck and have fun.

    Rgds,
    Chip

Similar Threads

  1. kppp problem
    By el.cubano in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 12:29 PM
  2. kppp connection problem
    By vuchuu in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 12:01 AM
  3. KPPP won't work
    By xolstis in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 01:37 PM
  4. Kppp -kde
    By kc1di in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
  5. problems with ppp and kppp
    By apax in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72