-
KPPP Connection Mgr.
Ok, I will start off by saying that a complete Moron is a little smarter than I am when it comes to Linux. I am quite capable with a PC though.
I burnt the ISO, got Koppix running, and successfully managed to get an internet connection with my Sprint Mobile Broadband (Merlin S7200) EVDO card. My question is this...
Is there someone who can guide me to write a startup script that will automate that process when I launch the CD? Every time I boot the machine I have to create a new connection, have KPPP recognize the card, yada yada yada. As far as Linux scripting goes though... again... I am a moron.
Any help would be appreciated.
Robert
-
Senior Member
registered user
One possible solution is to:
1. Save the configuration to your hard drive or thumb drive.
2. Add all the setup steps onto the knoppix.sh
3. Every time when startup the knoppix, use the cheat-code: knoppix myconfig=scan
Provided that you know all your setup steps in command mode.
Check out the FAQ 4 from below:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ
I use this method to setup my wireless connection on boot-up time. The idea is the same to you but you just replace all your setup commands into the knoppix.sh.
Good Luck and have fun.
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By el.cubano in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 12:29 PM
-
By vuchuu in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 12:01 AM
-
By xolstis in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 01:37 PM
-
By kc1di in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
-
By apax in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99