-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I have never had a problem reading a NTFS partition under Knoppix. I only use standard English characters and have seen others post about problems with foregin characters, but you indicate that is not your problem. I have not done a lot of work with NTFS and version 5.3.1 of Knoppix, but I have no reason to expect it will be less able to deal with reading of NTFS partitions than previous versions. However, I never write to NTFS with Knoppix. Some people say it is safe, but this has been shown over and over again through the years to be a source of partition corruption. I don't know if 5.3.1 is any better or not, but I don't yet trust it, and since I expect that Microsoft may be actively fighting Linux NTFS compatibility with their "Security updates" I don't expect that I will trust it. If you are only trying to read the NTFS partition with Knoppix I would be interested in hearing more about the problem. But if you have written to NTFS with Knoppix and now find that the NTFS partition is showing signs of corruption, I'm not very surprised.
By the way, if the NTFS partition is corrupted, that doesn't have to be caused by Linux. We see lots of people who come to this forum trying to recover data from NTFS partitions who only heard about Knoppix and started using Linux after XP corrupted it's own partitions. I've seen XP corrupt disks that I never accesses with Knoppix and still have several drives that I can't recover files from.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By matttail in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
-
By pbs in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 04:36 PM
-
By Li'l Roberto in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 11:04 PM
-
By ForbiddenSword in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 12:47 PM
-
By dlichterman in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99