WTF ! I've tried copying files as stated from the Feather forum and no luck, gone through 32-24-16-8bit setups and nothing, re-installed it the hard way, not the recommended one and I got the plain, black dead screen, and as su, tried "chown knoppix .Xauthority" and still nadda for me, I KNOW i have an old crusty PC and video card that's obviously has issues but I've already gone through Fedora8 and Ubuntu and had similar display issues, lag, freexe up and comeplete shutdowns ? So gimme a clue here peeps, what's next? besides trying SimplyMEPIS !? peace out..jon

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + eSATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00
Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49