-
When booting - receive 'Input not supported'
I have a Knoppix CD V5.1.1 which I used very successfully on my previous computer. I am now trying to use it on my new computer.
When trying to boot up, all seems to be going well as the multicoloured steps appear, until suddenly I get a moving 'Input not supported' message.
In my efforts to find an answer within the forum I found a contributor who had had the same trouble and came back with the information that to write "knoppix xmodule=fbdev" in the first boot screen would solve the problem.
So I tried this and EUREKA it worked.
However my troubles were not entirely over. Yes it did boot up but the only drive identified on my desktop was a floppy drive - no sign of my C: or D: drive that I need to work on.
In the knowing Knoppix beginners guide, using 'Window Maker' seemed a good idea but putting 'knoppix desktop=wmaker' at the boot prompt produced the 'Input not supported' response.
Any light you can throw on this problem will be most gratefully received.
P.S. I am only a beginner at this so please treat me gently.
Regards Hummingbird
Similar Threads
-
By roniswar in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-13-2008, 10:22 AM
-
By lothario in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:23 AM
-
By dark_mage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 01:29 AM
-
By markleong in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:10 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max
$199.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99