This is more of a feature request. Where I work we have been using knoppix to shred drives using the shred utility for PC's that need to be decommissioned but lately we have begun to also encrypt the drives with safeboot.
If I want to reinstall windows on the drive I just use the Windows XP CD and delete the partitions that are encrypted and create a new one. However, qtparted and fdisk or cfdisk refuse to even see the partition/drive and allow me to blow away the partition and create a new one. I have had to resort to dban (http://dban.sourceforge.net/) since it has no problem with blowing away these encrypted drives/partitions. Why does linux care? Why won't it let me erase/format these partitions/drives?

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Lot of 6 Samsung SSD 256GB PM9A1 NVMe Tested Good.
$180.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77