-
Junior Member
registered user
New Knoppix 5.3.1 Issues
I got the Knoppix 5.3.1 DVD
How can I catch the modprobe errors slowly after login ? They all scrollby so fast during boot. Same doesn't happen during the Live CD use.
So, I tried the comand: #cat /proc/kmseg to get everything that happens at boot and post here. Unfortunately, that doesn't do anything and just stays there.
During HD Install, I was asked and set a root passwd. This works ok from the command prompt. However, it is no good to run sound config etc., from the icons on the desktop bar. This is confusing apart from being wrong security.
Also, I have Knoppix DVD installed to HD on another PC. This is an older version. Network card config and other desktop bar items in it take the password. However, they don't save it. So, I need to configure network card each time I login. This is a pain.
Thank You.
Vijay
Similar Threads
-
By GutterClown in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-13-2007, 11:53 AM
-
By JFlanders in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-25-2006, 03:33 AM
-
By rootsuperuser in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 11:52 PM
-
By kuser123 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 03:36 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$139.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00