-
Sound with Impress, how do you guys do it???
Hello, I am a KUbuntu user, currently 7.04 but probably 8.04 soon.
There is one thing that still annoys me.
I regularly get PowerPoint presentations from friends (well aquaintances, real freinds send me OpenSource documents
) with sound embedded in them.
Problem is I don't get the sound. Presentation is read all right but no sound. I point out that my sound card is working (Amarok, Skype, all that is OK).
I found out that you guys have solved the problem for Knoppix 5.3 and that I get sound Out-Of-The-Box reading PowerPoint presentations with Impress.
How do you do it?
It's not the OpenOffice version because I have upgraded to 2.4 and it still does not work for me.
I guess it must be some sound parameters between OpenOffice and KDE but which ones .... beats me.
Oh, in case it matters I use a 2.6.20 kernel and a 3.5.6 KDE
And I know the kernel in Knoppix 5.3 is 2.6.24 and it uses KDE 3.5.8,
I tried using the KUbuntu 8.04 betas (KDE 3.5.9, kernel 2.6.2??) but it does not work
Would you be kind enough to tell me how you do it.
TIA
Similar Threads
-
By dkirk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 12:10 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:24 AM
-
By ryans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 10:16 AM
-
By estranged in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 09:05 AM
-
By Geoff in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 12:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99