I would like to change the DHCP function found in the initrd image "miniroot"
I attempted to do this on my own, however, it seems to cause problems with portmap for unknown reasons.
Here is my code that I use:This seems to work and do what I like. The ultimate goal is to not wait for the interfaces to go through one by one, but to ask for addresses on all simultaneously. Once an address is assigned, the script can continue. However, using this code, portmap returns "Segmentation fault", and the mount command also returns a segmentation fault and fails to mount the knoppix image which is located on an NFS share. Using the original code, and commenting out my routine, the image boots fine, it's only when this code is used that the Segmentation fault is encountered. I'm unaware if portmap is needed, but I can only assume that it is because the mount command fails immediately afterwards as well.Code:DHCP="" # How many network cards should we probe for? for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11; do ifconfig "eth$i" up >/dev/null 2>&1 || continue echo "${CRE}${BLUE}DHCP Broadcasting for IP address (${MAGENTA}eth$i${BLUE})... ${NORMAL}" (pump -i eth$i >/dev/null 2>&1 && (echo "eth$i" >/tmp/DHCP;echo "DHCP Successful!"))& done while [ -z "$(cat /tmp/DHCP 2>/dev/null)" ];do # Waiting for DHCP Assignment done portmap >/dev/null 2>&1;PORTMAPEXIT=$? && echo "${CRE} ${GREEN}Portmapper started.${NORMAL}"

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99