Hi!
Any answer?
Hello,
I am usin Knoppix 5.3.1 in live mode. When I turn the cube (Compiz-fusion and Ctrl+Alt+left button on mouse) after two turns appears as backscreen a DEBIAN light screen. I like it. How can I install it in other distros when I use compiz-fusion?
Thanks
Jose
Hi!
Any answer?
It's what's known as a skydome, except in this case it uses the Debian Cubecap.
In CompizConfig-Settings-Manager (CCSM), look in the Cube plugin for the skydome section and see what the path to it is.
If it's just the name of it, it's probably in the compiz directory, /usr/share/compiz. Probably there, and I think I recall it was one of the cubecaps in there.
Better write down whatever settings for the skydome are in that panel so it will look like that on your other distro installations. Knoppix does not use the standard defaults. It's rather customized all through ccsm.

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$295.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30