Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Where can I find/get mencoder for knoppix 5.1.1?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11

    Where can I find/get mencoder for knoppix 5.1.1?

    All,

    I am trying to follow the tutorial under:

    http://www.linux.com/articles/53702

    However, I do not have mencoder with my version of mplayer. Where can I find it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    I'm running knoppix 4.02 dvd. I downloaded the mplayer/mencoder source package from the mplayer web site and compiled same. I don't remember what options that I gave but I ended up with both mplayer and mencoder. The instructions were pretty clear and the compilation went without a hitch. I dumped the results to a cd and wrote a script to reinstall from that cd so that I don't have to go through the lengthy compile process after every knoppix reboot.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11
    Thanks, I got that to work with what you suggested.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By donkeyass in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
  2. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By boomer777 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 10:26 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.7 didn't find any hd
    By Miksch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 04:58 PM
  4. Cant find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By tw in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 08:17 AM
  5. -=Help with mencoder recording / tv card=-
    By pau1knopp in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM picture

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM

$199.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY picture

M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY

$1400.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95



Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory picture

Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory

$199.95