-
How Do I Install New NIC Driver
I'm a very new Linux user and this may be a very basic question, but I would appreciate some guidance.
The computer on which I am using Knoppix v. 5.1 has an Intel 82566DM, which is an updated version of the PRO 1000. When Knoppix loads it recognizes the NIC but apparently cannot use it. I get no network access. I suspect the driver set on the CD does not support this new NIC. I've downloaded a new Linux driver, e1000e-0.2.9.5. How do I install it to Knoppix?
-
Re: How Do I Install New NIC Driver

Originally Posted by
dbuell
I'm a very new Linux user and this may be a very basic question, but I would appreciate some guidance.
The computer on which I am using Knoppix v. 5.1 has an Intel 82566DM, which is an updated version of the PRO 1000. When Knoppix loads it recognizes the NIC but apparently cannot use it. I get no network access. I suspect the driver set on the CD does not support this new NIC. I've downloaded a new Linux driver, e1000e-0.2.9.5. How do I install it to Knoppix?

You have to compile it.... a bit complicate.
My knoppix has the e1000e.ko and e1000.ko that should manage your nic (...maybe not the jumboframes..) try to modprobe e1000 and have a look at "dmesg" and "ifconfig -a" output.
Max
Similar Threads
-
By FunkyFlyKneeGrow in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
-
By phsieh in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
-
By Quip Frok in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 11:27 PM
-
By Slay3r in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 10:39 AM
-
By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$53.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1 - Tested -98% Life
$48.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00