Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How Do I Install New NIC Driver

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    2

    How Do I Install New NIC Driver

    I'm a very new Linux user and this may be a very basic question, but I would appreciate some guidance.

    The computer on which I am using Knoppix v. 5.1 has an Intel 82566DM, which is an updated version of the PRO 1000. When Knoppix loads it recognizes the NIC but apparently cannot use it. I get no network access. I suspect the driver set on the CD does not support this new NIC. I've downloaded a new Linux driver, e1000e-0.2.9.5. How do I install it to Knoppix?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31

    Re: How Do I Install New NIC Driver

    Quote Originally Posted by dbuell
    I'm a very new Linux user and this may be a very basic question, but I would appreciate some guidance.

    The computer on which I am using Knoppix v. 5.1 has an Intel 82566DM, which is an updated version of the PRO 1000. When Knoppix loads it recognizes the NIC but apparently cannot use it. I get no network access. I suspect the driver set on the CD does not support this new NIC. I've downloaded a new Linux driver, e1000e-0.2.9.5. How do I install it to Knoppix?
    You have to compile it.... a bit complicate.
    My knoppix has the e1000e.ko and e1000.ko that should manage your nic (...maybe not the jumboframes..) try to modprobe e1000 and have a look at "dmesg" and "ifconfig -a" output.

    Max

Similar Threads

  1. HELP: when trying to install an ATI driver it failed and...
    By FunkyFlyKneeGrow in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
  2. How to install driver, please help!
    By phsieh in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
  3. ATI Radeon driver install possible using poorman's install?
    By Quip Frok in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 11:27 PM
  4. NVIDIA Driver Install.
    By Slay3r in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 10:39 AM
  5. HD install+Nvidia driver install = no kernel headers aargh
    By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99



Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S

$660.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$368.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU picture

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU

$1100.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99