-
c\windows\system32\config\system Error - need Knoppix
I would like to back up using Knoppix but I don't know whether my OEM-installed XP Pro is NTFS or FAT32. How can I determine this in an unbootable computer?
Also, I have an external HD by Maxtor. I don't know if it is NTFS or FAT32 and I have already saved files on it.
If I use Knoppix to backup my HD to the Maxtor, then I may delete both the internal HD files and the Maxtor files, right?
What should I do in order to-
a) Backup my files safely using Knoppix
b) Repair the Error
Laptop Details:
IBM T40
30MB
512 RAM
OS: XP PRO
Error Details:
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt.
c\windows\system32\config\system
You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-ROM (I can't do this since XP was OEM installed)
If I can't repair the error, can I just use Knoppix as my OS?
By the way, I am waiting to receive my Knoppix CD.
Thanks much.
Similar Threads
-
By Dash_Riprock in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
-
By kasparhauser in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2006, 09:06 PM
-
By rgruhn in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 08:58 PM
-
By jimcp in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 08:13 AM
-
By holzhey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Rainbow Apple Logo Travel Bag Computer Carrying Case Black Vintage
$250.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Computer Used Motherboard Phenomenon Black Edition 970 CPU
$100.00

Vintage 64MB EDO Laptop RAM Lot 144-Pin LGS Hyundai HB56UW264D8-6L 60ns
$19.49

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37