Click on Kmenu
KNOPPIX
SET ROOT PASSWORD
then you have the password
once you are finished playing around reset it to something really hard to crack that you can remember.
Butch
With numerous trial and error, I have managed to install Knoppix onto a new dell Optiplex. I need to connect to a wireless connection (which is already set-up), and for me to do that it says that I must type in the root password. What the? I never set one in the first place and have entered all obvious passwords to be pre-set. Is there anyway to set a new password, or get pass this?
Thank you.
Click on Kmenu
KNOPPIX
SET ROOT PASSWORD
then you have the password
once you are finished playing around reset it to something really hard to crack that you can remember.
Butch

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$179.99