Have you checked to see if linux can treat it as a usb hd device?

If you had the device connected via usb when you booted, then you should be able to check dmesg to see if it was properly deteced and added.

Do this by typing the following command from a shell.

"dmesg |less" Just hit the space bar to scroll down.

Hopefully you will see an entry similar to this one (from my dmesg)

scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
Vendor: Generic Model: STORAGE DEVICE Rev: 1.01
Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
SCSI device sda: 250880 512-byte hdwr sectors (128 MB)

There is also a message there that tells me that this device can now be loacated at sda1. This means /dev/sda1.

If you see that the device was detected, then you can do what I recently did in the case of a usb flash drive.

I opened up /etc/fstab in a text editor (You must be root).

I then added the following line

/dev/sda1 /mnt/flash_card vfat rw,noauto,user,exec 0 0

Of course before I could get it to work I had to cd into /mnt and create the flash_card direcotry. You can name the directory whatever you want just makd sure that you have the same name specified in your fstab.

Once you do this you shoud be able mount the drive like this: mount /mnt/name_of_drive

Post back if you need more help