-
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry"
Hello,
Every time I try to boot Knoppix 5.1.1 it says this. I have a Q6600 2.4GHz, 2Gb DDR2, running an IDE DVD burner to load Knoppix. Tried on two other inferior computers, laptop and desktop, with the same burned cd: it works on both. I also tried to load from my IDE CD burner with no difference, so I doubt it's because of the optical drive (the DVD burner is pretty new too).
I tried to unplug all my drives except the CD drive loading the Knoppix CD. Made no difference.
Error comes right after "Enabling dma accelaration: hdi [HD-DT-STDVD RAM G5S..." I'm not too sure about the last part, after "["
Tried every possible cheatcode, most notably "nodma," "atapicd," "failsafe debug -b 3."
Please help, all I need to do is copy my HD (IDE) files to a different HD (USB) so that I can then reinstall Windows so if you ever had the same problem but got it to work with another Linux LiveCD please let me know which one.
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By thomania in forum German Forum
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-21-2009, 10:14 PM
-
By ngc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM
-
By yosibeck in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By redss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 05:11 AM
-
By lothario in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00