I do mount -t proc /proc as the guid tells me to, then ping google.com,. bit host not found.
I'm behind a router that a dhcp server.
I do mount -t proc /proc as the guid tells me to, then ping google.com,. bit host not found.
I'm behind a router that a dhcp server.
Did you also edit resolv.conf and add your name servers?
I had to run named to get it to work after that too.
Good Luck!
Mike
^Um, what is my name server?
I noticed that /etc/resolv.conf was the same as /mnt/hda5/knx/source/KNOPPIX/etc/resolv.conf where exactly the same, so I assumed it was correct.
Name servers (aka DNS servers) are assigned by your ISP so your computer can figure out what IP address is google.com. Look at the entries in your working OS and make the same entires in your mnt/hda5/knx/source/KNOPPIX/etc/resolv.conf
Again, I had to issue the command named to get my connection to work. You may not need to.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01