Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Tablet PC (HP TX1410US)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    6

    Tablet PC (HP TX1410US)

    I want to put a distribution on my TabletPC. I intend to use Knoppix to do something like Linux From Scratch and compile my own distribution from source. I am having some issues however, and I don't know much about the reasons why.

    The first issue I am having seems to be a Vista-relate problem. I cannot resize the partitions from within Vista. I have over 100GB free space on a 250GB 5400RM SATA drive. I have tried disk cleanup, checkdisk, and I have tried to partition immediately after defragging.

    The second issue I have is that I need my wireless to work. I can't even figure out which chipset I have because diffrent OSes report the hardware differenty.

    The third issue is that I have yet to see the touch screen work in Linux. This is a tablet PC. I have seen tablet PCs work in Linux. I just don't know how to make mine work. I assume that there's some sort of application tied into the desktop environment that I chose to try at the time.

    The fourth issue is that I would like to maintain full functionality of the internal multi card reader.

    I don't much care if the fingerprint reader works, or if the bluetooth remote control works.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    104
    Try booting knoppix and use the program Gparted or QTParted to resize your NTFS partition.

    As always, back up any important data before attempting to resize or repartition.

    Sometimes you can learn more about your computer hardware by taking a peek inside the BIOS settings.

    Otherwise, boot knoppix and use one of those hardware info tools or simply type:

    sudo su
    lspci -v

    inside a terminal window.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18
    There is a pretty extensive thread for the HP-TX1xxx series here, maybe you can find some info in it that will get your touchscreen and other issues working with Knoppix:

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=442483

    Anything there should probably work with Knoppix since we're all in the Debian camp more or less...

Similar Threads

  1. Tablet PCs
    By Wakko in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 04:28 PM
  2. Compaq Tablet PC TC1000
    By jimdeviney in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
  3. Knoppix 5.0.1 does not detect my Wacom Tablet Volito 2
    By finferflu in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 10:21 PM
  4. my wacom tablet works fine, but...
    By mcsweetie in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 06:44 AM
  5. Wacom Tablet and Dvorak KB
    By WaldoPepper in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 CORE i7-10610U 1.80GHZ 256GB 16GB WCam WiFi W11 Cord picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 CORE i7-10610U 1.80GHZ 256GB 16GB WCam WiFi W11 Cord

$175.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win11 Pro

$289.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$199.99



Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI

$259.99