-
Tablet PC (HP TX1410US)
I want to put a distribution on my TabletPC. I intend to use Knoppix to do something like Linux From Scratch and compile my own distribution from source. I am having some issues however, and I don't know much about the reasons why.
The first issue I am having seems to be a Vista-relate problem. I cannot resize the partitions from within Vista. I have over 100GB free space on a 250GB 5400RM SATA drive. I have tried disk cleanup, checkdisk, and I have tried to partition immediately after defragging.
The second issue I have is that I need my wireless to work. I can't even figure out which chipset I have because diffrent OSes report the hardware differenty.
The third issue is that I have yet to see the touch screen work in Linux. This is a tablet PC. I have seen tablet PCs work in Linux. I just don't know how to make mine work. I assume that there's some sort of application tied into the desktop environment that I chose to try at the time.
The fourth issue is that I would like to maintain full functionality of the internal multi card reader.
I don't much care if the fingerprint reader works, or if the bluetooth remote control works.
Any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By Wakko in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-04-2013, 04:28 PM
-
By jimdeviney in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
-
By finferflu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-16-2006, 10:21 PM
-
By mcsweetie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By WaldoPepper in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 5.2 GHz - Socket AM5 120W
$399.99

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF
$39.94

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core AM4 CPU with Radeon Graphics + AMD Cooler
$149.00