I would go to knoppix.org and ask klaus knopper to do this.
In the latest Knoppix Release (5.3), the kernel module speedstep-centrino has been removed. I'd like to ask what the reasons for this decision are.
I am aware that the acpi-cpufreq module is supposed to replace speedstep-centrino, but this module doesn't work due to lacking bios support. Now my CPU only works at 600 MHz instead of 1.6 GHz. I'm right now doing a backup to an encrypted partition. The loss of speed is very significant.
Could this module be included again in later releases ?
[Edit: Sorry for writing this post in german first. I later realized that this is an english forum]
I would go to knoppix.org and ask klaus knopper to do this.
OK, thanks I'll try that.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
Intel Core i7-6700 LGA 1151 3.4 GHz 8 GT/s Desktop CPU Processor SR2L2
$29.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99