-
Junior Member
registered user
can't mount SATA hard disk -special device /dev/sda0 does no
Hello,
I have a HD install of knoppix and I can't mount a serial ATA (SATA) hard disk. I created an extra /mnt/sda0 directory and
tried mount /dev/sda0 /mnt/sda0 and received the
"special device /dev/sda0 does not exist"
error message. Now, is it supposed to be a sd0 or sd1? I only have one SATA hard disk and many parallel ATA ones that correctly mount.
I read some posts about some SATA BIOS options over at:
http://<a href="http://www.knoppix.n...hp?p=47132</a>. What are they?
Also, how do I get knoppix to tell me the kernel version?
Ideas please?
Frank
Similar Threads
-
By kacey in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-14-2009, 12:15 AM
-
By Varkie in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
-
By saorstat_eireann in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 08:22 AM
-
By Blisset in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 06:50 PM
-
By fourthirtysix in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00