-
Dependencies?
Please have pity on a beginner! I have Knoppix 5.3.1 installed on my hard drive and things generally are running fine. My problem is that I can't seem to install any new programs. Whether using Kpackage or rpm through root shell, I always get a long list of failed dependencies. The thing is, I am pretty sure some of these dependencies are actually present. For example, I tried to install the Flash plugin for Firefox (I did manage to get Firefox installed and running). among the missing dependencies reported was "/bin/sh is needed by flash-plugin-9.0.124.0-release.i386". That folder is definitely present. I'm downloading the rpm package to /home/username/tmp: does the package need to be in a particular location to be installed?
If this sound too hopelessly clueless, could someone please recommend a good source for such basic information? All of the FAQs, etc. I've looked at, and I have looked at quite a few, just say something like download the package and run rpm -Uvh packagename or some such. I tried installing Yum, as it claims to deal with dependency issues automatically, but the package installer had the same problem with dependencies for Yum itself, so no help there.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Similar Threads
-
By gonzalezmfrank in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2006, 01:02 PM
-
By monkymind in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:06 AM
-
By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 23
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 06:45 AM
-
By hittozu in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 01:48 AM
-
By code-pupil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00

Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book
$25.00

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985
$32.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00