-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 5.3 HDD post install issue
I have installed Knoppix 5.3.0 to HDD successfully, after being *WOWED* by all the Compiz-Fusion 3D effects using the "Live DVD"
I am happy with the HDD installation, and am now trying to customize this extensive software package distro.
I am having trouble ADDING non default, repository packages, specifically *libdvdcss2* inorder to play encrypted DVD`s
using the Knoppix default DVD players.
I have followed a couple of scripts I found online i.e. "Installing w32codecs in Debian" and "Installing libdvdcss2 in Debian"
using the console, but without success. There is usually some (console) error message about there being NO package or
under a different package? (Sorry, I didnt copy down the exact wording).
Would someone here explain to this "newbie" how to go about adding libdvdcss2 to Knoppix?
Thanks,
Matt
Similar Threads
-
By pt-1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 21
Last Post: 05-14-2006, 01:00 AM
-
By steptayl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2006, 11:24 PM
-
By c123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:31 AM
-
By dfield58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:30 PM
-
By andecla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord
$400.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800R ECC Reg RDIMM M393B1G73QH0-YK0
$15.00