Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix looking in the wrong place for cd...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix looking in the wrong place for cd...

    So, Knoppix starts loading fine. I press enter to boot from the cd, and it starts detecting hardware. The problem comes in when it is detecting my IDE devices. It lists my Western Digital HD as hda, and my DVD-ROM drive as hdb. After that it says that it's looking for the CD in hda, which obviously is the wrong place, since my DVD-ROM drive is hdb. The CD stops spinning at that point, and nothing happens after that. Anything I can do to fix this?

    Thanks,
    Patrick

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5

    Same Problem

    I had the same problem but it was on my 98se and I don't know how to fix it. Hopefully someone can help you with your problem.

    It searches in /dev/hdc which is where it should be. Then it goes and scans for lots more stuff under /dev and it then says it cannot find the file system and it is dropping me to a very limited shell and to reset to quit. Any thoughts?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5

    I've got it!!

    Type this at boot screen: where it says boot type: knoppix nodma.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2
    I'll try that as soon as I get a chance. Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. I saved configuration file in wrong place
    By oddgeezer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 03:59 AM
  2. Maybe I looked in the wrong place but....
    By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:18 AM
  3. Taking Knoppix to my buddie's place
    By desire in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:06 AM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 09:12 PM
  5. sndconfig looking in the wrong place?
    By fingers99 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 90s PC Lot of 3.5 Floppy Disks Home Office Productivity CAD EXCEL WP AOL picture

Vintage 90s PC Lot of 3.5 Floppy Disks Home Office Productivity CAD EXCEL WP AOL

$60.00



Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial picture

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial

$109.99



Vintage Data Technology DTC2280 16-Bit ISA I/O Card, Late '80s to Early '90s picture

Vintage Data Technology DTC2280 16-Bit ISA I/O Card, Late '80s to Early '90s

$89.00



Vintage Microsoft Word for Windows 1.1 Big Box NEW FACTORY SEALED Aus Version picture

Vintage Microsoft Word for Windows 1.1 Big Box NEW FACTORY SEALED Aus Version

$208.67



Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001 picture

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001

$79.99



Vintage Adesso 305 Extended Apple Mac ADB Keyboard Green Alps Clone SKCL Switch picture

Vintage Adesso 305 Extended Apple Mac ADB Keyboard Green Alps Clone SKCL Switch

$69.99



Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR picture

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR

$100.00



Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 + picture

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +

$74.95



Vintage IMSAI Dual 8” Floppy Disk Drive PerSci 277 Powers On Rare picture

Vintage IMSAI Dual 8” Floppy Disk Drive PerSci 277 Powers On Rare

$1599.00



HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included. picture

HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included.

$69.00