--Don't do that, then.
--Seriously, if it's losing the USB keyboard I would recommend plugging in a standard Ps/2 kbd. (shrug) It's easier than trying to debug the problem.
Originally Posted by xeerex
This one particular pc is the only one I've had any "problems" concerning Knoppix.
At the boot screen my USB powered compaq keyboard is recognized fine. However, once booted into the desktop, it is not recognized. Any suggestions for a linux/knoppix newbie?
As a side note, this same keyboard is recognized fine under Windows (ack) and is recognized fine on another pc under Knoppix.
--Don't do that, then.
--Seriously, if it's losing the USB keyboard I would recommend plugging in a standard Ps/2 kbd. (shrug) It's easier than trying to debug the problem.
Originally Posted by xeerex
heheh---i had already used a PS2 keyboard![]()
Its just odd that it loses the USB one when going to the gui but doesn't lose it on a different PC running the exact same keyboard and CD. No biggie----just one of those little aggravations like those I'm used to from a certain big $$ company that purports to make an OS.![]()
--Hmm... Did you have the USB plugged in the entire time? Sounds like it could be fixed by editing XFree86config-4 file.
Originally Posted by xeerex
Yep---the keyboard was plugged in the entire time. I double-checked the connection and rebooted just to make sure. Again, it works fine at the boot prompt so its kinda puzzling.
Anyone have any further ideas on this? It does the same darn thing with the newest download of Knoppix.
And please don't give me the "use a ps/2 keyboard" or I shall think you are related to Mr. Gates.![]()
Have you tried forcing the usb? There should be an option for this in the knoppix boot-help (F2). This worked for me when I was having problems with an usb mouse.Originally Posted by xeerex

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell OptiPlex 7070 MFF Motherboard Chipset Q370 Socket LGA1151 IPCFL-BS EK C1R19
$40.99