--Don't do that, then.
--Seriously, if it's losing the USB keyboard I would recommend plugging in a standard Ps/2 kbd. (shrug) It's easier than trying to debug the problem.
Originally Posted by xeerex
This one particular pc is the only one I've had any "problems" concerning Knoppix.
At the boot screen my USB powered compaq keyboard is recognized fine. However, once booted into the desktop, it is not recognized. Any suggestions for a linux/knoppix newbie?
As a side note, this same keyboard is recognized fine under Windows (ack) and is recognized fine on another pc under Knoppix.
--Don't do that, then.
--Seriously, if it's losing the USB keyboard I would recommend plugging in a standard Ps/2 kbd. (shrug) It's easier than trying to debug the problem.
Originally Posted by xeerex
heheh---i had already used a PS2 keyboard![]()
Its just odd that it loses the USB one when going to the gui but doesn't lose it on a different PC running the exact same keyboard and CD. No biggie----just one of those little aggravations like those I'm used to from a certain big $$ company that purports to make an OS.![]()
--Hmm... Did you have the USB plugged in the entire time? Sounds like it could be fixed by editing XFree86config-4 file.
Originally Posted by xeerex
Yep---the keyboard was plugged in the entire time. I double-checked the connection and rebooted just to make sure. Again, it works fine at the boot prompt so its kinda puzzling.
Anyone have any further ideas on this? It does the same darn thing with the newest download of Knoppix.
And please don't give me the "use a ps/2 keyboard" or I shall think you are related to Mr. Gates.![]()
Have you tried forcing the usb? There should be an option for this in the knoppix boot-help (F2). This worked for me when I was having problems with an usb mouse.Originally Posted by xeerex

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$140.40
ZIPPY USB Flash Drive Memory Stick Pendrive Thumb Drive 4GB, 8GB, 32GB, 64GB LOT
$212.49
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00