You can't run cfdisk unless you are root. Otherwise we'd have users deleting partitions left and right! So do this:
sudo cfdisk /dev/hda
(Of course I assume you have only one hard drive.)
I posted awhile ago because i was getting Cfdisk error and Knoppix wouldn't detect my HD.
Still having that problem. i also can't create a persistent hardrive.
anyone know how to solve this.
I was using mandrake but in my partition adjustments I can't get that to work. All i have now is knoppix live.
I really really want to use knoppix as my permenent OS, but It's been three weeks and I can't figure out how to install (though i am a moron-newbie)
any help would be apprecoated. thank you.
You can't run cfdisk unless you are root. Otherwise we'd have users deleting partitions left and right! So do this:
sudo cfdisk /dev/hda
(Of course I assume you have only one hard drive.)
When i do that I get a message that says : Fatal Error cannot read disk drive, press any button to exit cfdisk.
What is going on?

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00