Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cf disk error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    Cf disk error

    I have a computer running XP, Xandros 4, and Mandriva. When I set the check disk option in XP and rebooted, I got an error message, ck disk not found, then a reboot with the same message. The repair option with the XP cd is not an option for some reason.Is there a way to remove the check disk option from Knoppix?I have an older Knoppix cd, and can access the XP partition, but I haven't found just what I need yet. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Cf disk error

    Quote Originally Posted by swen
    ....I have an older Knoppix cd,......
    Even with the newest version of Knoppix, writing to an XP NTFS partition may not be safe. You are inviting disaster to do it with an old version of Knoppix (if you even can). My advice would be to use Knoppix to recover whatever you want from the XP partition, and then, if you still want XP, reinstall it fresh.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    reply

    Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking. I already did a backup and reinstalled XP on another partition. Just took a shot.It's only Windows,right?

Similar Threads

  1. Disk error
    By bytemind in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 11:54 PM
  2. isolinux: disk error 01, AX=42080d, disk=9F
    By bottomer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 02:20 PM
  3. Disk Error on Boot
    By segway in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
  4. isolinux disk error
    By knopperty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:03 AM
  5. Disk error 10
    By kristus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$30.00



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco Catalyst 9200L 48-Port PoE+ Switch 4x1G SFP Managed C9200L-48P-4G-E picture

Cisco Catalyst 9200L 48-Port PoE+ Switch 4x1G SFP Managed C9200L-48P-4G-E

$1750.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89