Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cf disk error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    Cf disk error

    I have a computer running XP, Xandros 4, and Mandriva. When I set the check disk option in XP and rebooted, I got an error message, ck disk not found, then a reboot with the same message. The repair option with the XP cd is not an option for some reason.Is there a way to remove the check disk option from Knoppix?I have an older Knoppix cd, and can access the XP partition, but I haven't found just what I need yet. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Cf disk error

    Quote Originally Posted by swen
    ....I have an older Knoppix cd,......
    Even with the newest version of Knoppix, writing to an XP NTFS partition may not be safe. You are inviting disaster to do it with an old version of Knoppix (if you even can). My advice would be to use Knoppix to recover whatever you want from the XP partition, and then, if you still want XP, reinstall it fresh.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    reply

    Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking. I already did a backup and reinstalled XP on another partition. Just took a shot.It's only Windows,right?

Similar Threads

  1. Disk error
    By bytemind in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 11:54 PM
  2. isolinux: disk error 01, AX=42080d, disk=9F
    By bottomer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 02:20 PM
  3. Disk Error on Boot
    By segway in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
  4. isolinux disk error
    By knopperty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:03 AM
  5. Disk error 10
    By kristus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$187.50