Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cf disk error

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    Cf disk error

    I have a computer running XP, Xandros 4, and Mandriva. When I set the check disk option in XP and rebooted, I got an error message, ck disk not found, then a reboot with the same message. The repair option with the XP cd is not an option for some reason.Is there a way to remove the check disk option from Knoppix?I have an older Knoppix cd, and can access the XP partition, but I haven't found just what I need yet. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Cf disk error

    Quote Originally Posted by swen
    ....I have an older Knoppix cd,......
    Even with the newest version of Knoppix, writing to an XP NTFS partition may not be safe. You are inviting disaster to do it with an old version of Knoppix (if you even can). My advice would be to use Knoppix to recover whatever you want from the XP partition, and then, if you still want XP, reinstall it fresh.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    reply

    Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking. I already did a backup and reinstalled XP on another partition. Just took a shot.It's only Windows,right?

Similar Threads

  1. Disk error
    By bytemind in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 11:54 PM
  2. isolinux: disk error 01, AX=42080d, disk=9F
    By bottomer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 02:20 PM
  3. Disk Error on Boot
    By segway in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
  4. isolinux disk error
    By knopperty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:03 AM
  5. Disk error 10
    By kristus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00