-
Creating md5sum Values of NTFS Files?
How do you create md5sum values on an ntfs drive or file group using Knoppix 5.3.1?
Specifically, C:\Windows\system32\drivers.
I have already created a list of md5sum values on Windows of the "C:\" drive.
I would like to compare the Windows created values to the Linux created values for verifying file integrity.
Do you know if this will produce valid results in detecting changes on the ntfs files?
Are there alternative methods within Knoppix 5.3.1 that would accomplish the same results?
How would I take my ntfs md5sum list and use Knoppix to compare it to the Linux md5sum automatically?
I used Hashtabs to create the values. I don't know if it is done in binary form or not. I noticed that the md5sum in Linux offers -b and -t.
If I used the -t option and Hashtabs calculates via binary, would the hash values be different?
TIA for your input,
Condor
Similar Threads
-
By flognat in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-11-2006, 10:04 PM
-
By bharat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
-
By homer in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 06:57 AM
-
By michaeln in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By TLis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99