-
What part of creating an md5sum under Knoppix of an ntfs drive directory writes to the ntfs drive?
I thought the process is carried out in ram and stored results in knoppix file system.
I haven't yet created an md5sum with knoppix. I have done so with hash tabs. Unfortunately its stored list isn't compatable with linux.
I was told that the only way to verify 100% of being clean from malware is offline file comparison, Knoppix is one of the suggested methods along with BartPE, WinPE and ERD Commander. Furthermore, virus scanners are only valid with signatures in their data base. So it would not catch a new or altered infection.
I was advised not to create the BartPE or WinPE on an infected system. So this is the dilemma, I only have 1 computer.
This is why I thought Knoppix and md5summing would be a better option, allowing me to do file integrity checks.
Are there other ways to do file comparisons using Knoppix to check the ntfs volume?
[/url]
Similar Threads
-
By flognat in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-11-2006, 10:04 PM
-
By bharat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
-
By homer in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 06:57 AM
-
By michaeln in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By TLis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage (1979) Sanyo VM-4209 ‘Videoscope’ Monitor - Working
$325.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$599.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00

Lot of Vintage 90’s Compaq Computers How Does How Can I Booklets
$39.95

Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS
$50.00

Vintage NEC PC-8001 32KB RAM Fully Working Set w/ Monitor Cable & Tape
$499.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00