-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Condor
I have already created a list of md5sum values on Windows of the "C:\" drive.

Originally Posted by
Condor
Think I found what I need for MD5summing on NTFS for windows. It is called MD5Summer available [url=http://www.md5summer.org/]...

Originally Posted by
Condor
How do you create md5sum values on an ntfs drive or file group using Knoppix 5.3.1?...
You already seemed to know how to make md5 files under Windows, so I didn't mention md5summer when you first asked. Yea, it's a nice program for creating md5 files. Interface is a bit non-standard, but, once you get used to it, the program is good for both making and testing md5 files. Several other Windows programs will make and test md5 files (quickpar will even test md5s for you, likely can make then also but I'm not certain of that).
You shouldn't need Knoppix to test the md5s, I doubt that any infection of a windows system is going to catch you checking md5s and lie to you with the old value. But testing under Knoppix should work as well. You didn't however ask how to check the existing files that you said you already made with Knoppix, you asked "How do you create md5sum values on an ntfs drive...". IMHO it is still not very safe to write file to an NTFS drive with Knoppix. Read them, sure. Write them, I feel pretty uneasy about that.
Similar Threads
-
By flognat in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-11-2006, 10:04 PM
-
By bharat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
-
By homer in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 06:57 AM
-
By michaeln in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By TLis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.
$625.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99