-
What part of creating an md5sum under Knoppix of an ntfs drive directory writes to the ntfs drive?
I thought the process is carried out in ram and stored results in knoppix file system.
I haven't yet created an md5sum with knoppix. I have done so with hash tabs. Unfortunately its stored list isn't compatable with linux.
I was told that the only way to verify 100% of being clean from malware is offline file comparison, Knoppix is one of the suggested methods along with BartPE, WinPE and ERD Commander. Furthermore, virus scanners are only valid with signatures in their data base. So it would not catch a new or altered infection.
I was advised not to create the BartPE or WinPE on an infected system. So this is the dilemma, I only have 1 computer.
This is why I thought Knoppix and md5summing would be a better option, allowing me to do file integrity checks.
Are there other ways to do file comparisons using Knoppix to check the ntfs volume?
[/url]
Similar Threads
-
By flognat in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-11-2006, 10:04 PM
-
By bharat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
-
By homer in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 06:57 AM
-
By michaeln in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By TLis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 memory kit, 2x16GB
$329.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00