Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
as there would be little to gain from making a md5 set for a known corrupted system.
There is a virus, part of a rootkit, that walks across windows system drivers to maintain its hold. Detection can be done by file size, but because of the rootkit part it may alter the userland info and can't be trusted on a live system. Also, because it walks, when you find the discrepency and compare it, it may have moved to a new location and cleaned its previous location.
Scary that Rustock.C stuff. Rustock author states there maybe a Rustock.D

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Just have Linux read the md5 file and check the saved md5 values for each file against what it can compute now.
Do I have to import the list somewhere?
If I have created the md5summer file, what do I do now in knoppix?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
(but see the last paragraph below)
Not an issue for me. LL:LR:Whispers "Didn't update yet."

Thanks,
Condor