Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Nvidia Geforce 8500GT

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8

    Nvidia Geforce 8500GT

    I went to run knoppix 5.3.1 and noticed it recognized my card. But for some reason or another it still seems to be running in software mode. I went to play chromium and tux racer and I was getting around 5fps. I tried opening a movie and not only was it lagging but there were all kinds of colors on the movie kind of like a green overlay with certain parts going different colors. I am pretty sure I am defaulting to some non accelerated driver. My question is how would I find out if thats the case and how would I go about getting Ogl acceleration. I noticed nvidia has linux driver on their site but I could only find a .run package and couldn't figure out how to use it or if its compatible with knoppix. I tried to sign up to their forum with my yahoo email and apparently they have banned all yahoo emails so I cant get any help there. Sorry for the beginner troubles I'm simply trying to learn this beast that is linux.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Well I seem to have gotten it to work with much trial and error. Just had to boot with no window system and execute the .run file. From then on it was pretty much automated. I saved my knoppix image/configs when i booted to xwindows (or whatever its called), rebooted, then loaded the config on bootup and the acceleration is still there so yay.

Similar Threads

  1. nvidia geforce on usb drive?
    By kingfish600 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 08:08 AM
  2. Samsung SynchMaster 172N LCD and Nvidia 5900 Geforce
    By ricesteam in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 12:43 PM
  3. Installation of NVidia GeForce with Knoppix 3.6
    By CKLM in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:58 AM
  4. GeForce 5200
    By Jim Shoe in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:27 PM
  5. nVidia GeForce MX 200
    By prtsoft in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Qty: 30 Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW / SEALED picture

Qty: 30 Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW / SEALED

$500.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850 picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850

$16.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New

$399.99